Refreshing summer recipes and a FREE cookbook download below
Let’s get cooking! Try our fresh, delicious, kidney-friendly Sourdough French Toast at your next family brunch!
Want more recipes that are kind to your kidneys? Complete the form to get our free Kidney-Friendly Cookbook!
Did you try a recipe? Be sure to tag @SomatusKidneyCare on Facebook and @somatus_kidney-care on Instagram, so we can share what you made!
Sourdough French Toast
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 slices sourdough bread,
or your favorite
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened
plain almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Download the Full Somatus Cookbook with 24 Kidney-Friendly Recipes
Submit the form below to receive your digital cookbook
1. Heat skillet over medium heat.
2. While skillet is heating, combine egg, egg whites, almond milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Spray skillet with non-stick spray.
4. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and place in skillet.
5. Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
6. Top with syrup before eating.
Depending on your stage of kidney disease, specific nutrients in your diet should be limited. For instance, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients should limit protein, while End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) patients should increase protein to offset what is lost during dialysis. If you are unsure about your nutrition requirements, speak with your Somatus dietitian or a medical provider.
The information contained here is for educational purposes and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you read here.